Hula hooping can add value to your workplace in a variety of ways including:
– health and wellness programmes
– team building
– seminar/event ice breakers
The health benefits of hula hooping for your staff include:
- Effective cardio workout to strengthen your heart
- Burns 7-10 calories per minute (this can aid weight loss)
- Strengthens and tones your abdominal and lower back muscles (many people who hula hoop regularly report significantly reduced back pain)
- Strengthens and tones your arm and leg muscles when you engage in varied hoop moves
- Increases flexibility, especially in your hips and lower back
- Fosters the development of new pathways in your brain and greater connection between the left and right sides of your brain
For more information or to make a booking contact Bernadette Smith on 021 2466 779 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know?
Hula hooping is the perfect counterbalance to sitting. When you sit you bend backwards from the pelvis and round down into the chest. When you hoop you move your pelvis forwards and open out through your chest and shoulders.
It is now commonly being said that ‘sitting is the new smoking‘.
Even hula hooping for only 5-10 minutes at a time is beneficial, and can easily be done in the workplace to counteract seated work positions.